Silver City New Mexico
Continental Divide Trail Coalition Trail Days & Kick-Off
What: A series of events to celebrate the launch of the 2016 CDT Hiking Season and Silver City as the first CDT Gateway Community!
When: April 15-17, 2016
Where: Various locations in and around downtown Silver City, NM
Schedule of Events:
- 10 AM – 3 PM: Seminars on various topics, including GPS navigation and how to plan for a long distance hike. Location: Seedboat Gallery & Performance Center
- 5 PM – ??: CDTC Happy Hour at the Little Toad Creek Brewery and Distillery
- 5:00: Welcome from Town Officials, Grant County and CDTC
- 5:30: Book Readings from Philip Connors and M.John Fayhe
- 6:30: Door Prizes and Gear Giveaway Fundraiser
- 8:00: Music and Fun
- 8:30 AM: Town Walk to enjoy Youth Mural Project. Meets at Javalina Coffee House and ends at Murray Ryan Visitor’s Center (partnering with Walk2Connect)
- 10 AM – 3 PM: “Base Camp” – An outdoor expo in Big Ditch Park with gear companies like Darn Tough, Osprey, and Nemo, and organizations like the American Hiking Society, Southern New Mexico Trails Alliance, and the Gila Backcountry Horsemen.
- 10 AM – 3 PM: Seminars at the Seedboat Gallery & Performance Center
- 4 PM: Keynote Presentation at the Seedboat: The Rocky Mountain Women’s Expedition – the story of Jeannie Smith and Lynn Wisehart, the first women to thru-hike the CDT in 1978.
- CDTC Trail Adopter Maintenance day, Gila Hike and Bike ride on the CDT, and Gear Demo Days at Little Walnut-Gomez Peak Day Use Area
- Grant County Trails Group hike on the CDT at Pinos Altos
For more information or to volunteer: continentaldividetrail.org/2016-trail-days/
Christy Curd, Continental Divide Trail Coalition
Phone: 406-202-4619 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org