June 10 • 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Join the CDCT, Gina Evans, and local volunteer for our 8th Annual Pete Sorini Adopt A Trail Day!
Event summary description:
All volunteers should meet at the Highlands Camp at 8am on Saturday, June 10– where we will divide into two groups:
- Experienced trail volunteers will join Gina Evans and Forest Service staff and others to complete trail log-out and other trail maintenance activities.
- Novice trail volunteers will join CDTC Field Instructors to learn about trail tools and the basics of trail maintenance; then conduct light maintenance to apply their newly-learned skills. CDTC volunteers will be able to adopt their own section of the CDT. Those interested in the Adopter Training specifically can sign up here.
Additional program details:
- Date/Time: Saturday, June 10 from 8am-4pm
Admission: Free (Registration Form available in March)
- Location: Highland Camp Trailhead
- Age restriction: 16+ only
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Camping: None
- Vehicle Requirement: 2WD
Meeting Time: Please arrive by 8 AM at our meeting location.
Location: We will work from the Highlands camp toward Limekiln.
What to wear: Dress for the weather (current and future) and dress in layers! Please wear long pants/sleeves and closed-toed shoes. Avoid cotton when you’re able and go with a synthetic material or wool. Also remember to wear sturdy hiking shoes, good socks, a hat, and sunscreen!
What to bring in your day pack: At least 2 liters of water, lunch and snacks, sunscreen, eye protection, if you have it, extra layers (long sleeve shirt, fleece) and also bring your waterproof jacket–weather changes quickly, make sure to come prepared for cooler/wet weather.
If you have additional questions or need more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call my cell phone at (410) 802-2003.